The In the Spotlight feature is an opportunity for authors to connect with their fans via author interviews, guest posts, giveaways and more. All of the 2017 spots are currently filled and I am working to revamp the feature for 2018. To be notified when reservations for 2018 are available, please complete this form.
About In the Spotlight
In the Spotlight officially launched in April 2015. Since that time, I have featured over 90 authors via interviews, guest posts and more.
As a featured author, your post will be the top post of the day and receive one week of promotion via various social media channels. The best traffic is seen on posts that are cross promoted by myself and the author. So I hope you will share your feature once it goes live.
Fans of Second Run Reviews love it when the featured author responds to comments and interacts with them. I hope that you will visit your post frequently and respond to comments.
How In the Spotlight Works
- You select the Friday you wish to be featured and submit a small fee to secure your spot.
- Reservations for 2018 are not currently open. Click here to be notified when they are live.
- You will receive a confirmation email from my booking software, YouCanBook.Me.
- You will receive an email from me with your In the Spotlight To Do List and due date for the materials needed to complete your feature.
- Some of the items needed to complete your feature may include: your headshot, your social media contact information, an author bio, etc.
- The items needed to complete your feature will be due approximately 60 days prior to your feature date.
- Failure to complete the items by the date specified in the To Do List email you receive will result in your feature being cancelled. You will NOT receive a refund if your feature is cancelled. Please make sure you understand this prior to booking your feature.
- Upload and/or complete the required materials outlined in your In the Spotlight To Do list by the specified date and I’ll take it from there.
What Each In the Spotlight Feature Receives
- The top post of the day
- A coded post complete with a book synopsis (if applicable) and author biography
- An initial promotional push to Facebook and Twitter
- One week of promotion via the Second Run Reviews Twitter and Facebook accounts after the initial posting
- The best SEO possible for the post
- Additional social pushes may occur via Twitter and Facebook if there is a sponsored giveaway
Frequently Asked Questions
I thought In the Spotlight was free. Why are your charging a fee now?
In the Spotlight requires some online software to keep it running smoothly and I am now being charged to use that software. In order to keep delivering In the Spotlight to authors and readers, I need to charge fee.
Are there any other reasons you are charging a fee?
Yes, in 2016 and early 2017, I had a high number of authors fail to communicate with me regarding their feature. As a result, I was left in a lurch and had to create additional content at the last minute to fill a hole in my posting schedule. I am hoping that by charging a fee, authors will be more committed to delivering the items needed to complete their feature.
What is the fee for an In the Spotlight feature?
I am still working on determining a fee. If you would like input on the fee, please complete this survey.
Is the reservation fee refundable?
No, your reservation fee is not refundable for any reason.
Why do features get cancelled?
In most cases, the featured author fails to deliver the items stated in the To Do List prior to the deadline. Items are due approximately 60 days prior to your feature date. If anything is missing, including something as simple as your headshot, your feature will be cancelled and your fee will not be refunded.
What will happen after I make a reservation?
You will receive a confirmation email from the booking software (YouCanBook.Me) and within a few weeks you will receive a personal email from me with your To Do List, materials due date and access to your dedicated Google directory.
How long do I have deliver the items needed for my feature?
This is based on when you make your reservation. It could be several months or just a few weeks. Based on past interactions, items will be due 60 days prior to the reserved date. This has been plenty of time for most authors that have been featured to deliver the required items.
Will I receive a reminder about my due date?
A reminder email is not guaranteed. The confirmation email sent by the booking system includes an option to add the date of your feature to a Google, Outlook or iCal calendar. You can update the notifications within your appointment to set your own reminder if you choose to add it to your personal calendar. Additionally, your To Do List email will contain the actual due date and a list of all the items you need to submit.
It is your responsibility to meet the deadline stated in the email and communicate with me if the deadline does not work for you or you are having technical difficulties accessing the Google directory. Please keep in mind, “a lack of planning (and failure to communicate) on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”
What if I have technical difficulties accessing the necessary items?
I am able to provide LIMITED technical support in the delivery of your items. Once again, please keep in mind, “a lack of planning (and failure to communicate) on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.” So if you wait until the last minute to submit your materials and run into problems trying to submit your materials, I will not be responsible for your failure to deliver the required items for your feature.
What if I have questions?
You can respond to any email I send to you with questions or email me at tmleblanc at secondrunreviews dot com. I will do my best to answer questions and provide LIMITED technical support as needed.