Shelf Love Challenge 2017.
IT’S BACK FOR YEAR 3!
Goal: To grow your TBR pile responsibly and read the books you already own. You have ‘em, now read ‘em!
Your Hosts: This year’s hosts are the lovely gals over at ChapterBreak.net and myself.
Guidelines for the Shelf Love Challenge 2017
- Read books that are in your personal library that were obtained before January 1, 2017.
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
- You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
- You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you already own.
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge. You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
Now Select Your Goal for the Shelf Love Challenge 2017!
- 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
- 11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
- 21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
- 31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
- 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
- 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
Building the Shelf Love Challenge Community
The Shelf Love Challenge is about more than just clearing your shelves. We want to build a community of readers. We encourage you to visit the other participants and encourage them throughout the year. To help build this community, please link up each quarter and participate in the discussion posts.
- December 2016/January 2017: I’m joining in the #ShelfLove Challenge! Tell us your goals for the challenge this year. Will you be going on an all out book buying ban or are you setting a budget? Share pictures of your TBR piles or link up to your GoodReads Shelves.
- March/April 2017: Top books that have been on your shelf the longest that you haven’t read
- June/July 2017: Mid-year check in post. How are you doing with the challenge? Look back at your January post and let us know how you are doing. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile.
- September/October 2017:Top Books/Genres You are Addicted To
- December 2017/January 2018: End of the Year Check in Post. Look back at your June and January posts and let us know how you did this year. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile. Would you do the challenge again in 2018?
Join the Shelf Love Challenge 2017 Mailing List
Sign up for the mailing list (or update your profile) to get regular updates about the Challenge. We will not sell or give away your contact information. You are able to unsubscribe at any time.
Share Your Shelf Love Challenge 2017 Participation
Display a badge.
Link Up Your 2017 Shelf Love Challenge Posts Here
The Participation Giveaway
Each time you participate in the #ShelfLove discussion posts, you can add your post here to to receive an entry in the year end giveaway—a $15 (USD) Amazon.com gift card!a Rafflecopter giveaway