It’s been a rough week and a tough start to the new year everyone. I got sick and am still fighting this winter cold. I haven’t been able to read for long stretches at a time because I’m either coughing, blowing my nose or nodding off. Hopefully, the antibiotics I got today from the doctor will kick in and I’ll be back to normal soon. It’s kind of odd I picked up The End of Illness just before getting sick. I keep wondering when the end of this illness is come!
- Sunday: Finished The Breath of God. Review coming later in January.
- Monday: Halfway through Season 1 of House of Cards.
- Tuesday: Forged ahead on The End of Illness.
- Wednesday: Celebrated the New Year by going to see Delivery Man starring Vince Vaughn.
- Thursday: Watched the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory. OMG! What’s going on with Penny and Leonard?! I also half watched/half listened to The Taste. I’m a huge fan of Top Chef and I’m always trying to find another show to live up to it. None ever do, but I do love Anthony Bourdain.
- Friday: Nearly finished with House of Cards Season One. Thank goodness I won’t have to wait long for Season Two.
- Saturday: Kick this winter cold in the ass and go watch Nebraska at Collins Road Theatres.
Books added to my Wish List
- Timebound by Rysa Walker
- The Weller by Adam J. Whitlatch. This is a local author and I’m intrigued by the description of the book.
Feeding my Addictions
- Orphan Trainby Christina Baker Kline
Local Bookish Events and Happenings
The Marion Public Library is hosting an Adult Winter Reading Program. Adults (18+) can register for the program starting January 6th. There will be great events surrounding the winter reading program and pre-registration is required for some of them.
What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?