by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
What’s Happening on the Center Stage
- The final 6 stories from Queen Victoria’s Book of Spells-An Anthology of Gaslamp Fantasy were reviewed.
- This week’s review will be a quick bulleted summary of all the short shorts and whether they garnered a thumbs up and thumbs down.
- Feature & Follow has everyone dreaming of spring and me showing off my photography skills.
- What’s your favorite quote? I shared mine.
- Truly enjoyed this Barnes & Noble blog post about Four Great Dystopian Novels that Made it to the Big Screen. Blade Runner is my husband’s favorite film so he was excited it made the list. I’ve tried to watch the movie, but I just can’t connect. I wonder if I should try the novel it is based on. Has anyone read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- I was fascinated by How to Read a Book a Week. I’m not quite sure why because that’s essentially what I’ve done the last 2 years. I have to agree with Smith’s assessment about why you would do it–“It feels awesome.”
- Angela over at Angela’s Anxious Life posted an excellent review of The Princess Bride by William Goldman. As a fan of the book and novel, Angela’s review provides a great assessment of the book and the comments from visitors to the page show there is still a great love for both the film and novel.
- Charleen over at Cheap Thrills shared an article about how to write proper comments when visiting a blog.
- As a collector of quotes and lover of books, I loved L.K. Hill’s round up of quotes about reading.
- As a huge Breakfast at Tiffany’s fan, I’m always excited when someone discovers the novella by Truman Capote. Kimba posted a review of the audiobook by Michael C. Hall that I’m dying to listen to now.
- And my image of the week, the flowchart of Goodreads Top 5 Most Abandoned Books. It’s a bit too LONG to post here so just click the link. I’m not all surprised at the top 5. Are you?
- The Splurge: Alison over at Alison Can Read shared Book Riot’s Quarterly Box and I immediately shelled out $50 for the next box.
- Read or Reading: S. by Doug Dorst and J.J. Abrams. This one is going to take awhile and probably not one I can cart around easily with all the stuff jammed between the pages.
- I finished two other yet to be released books.
- Purchased: We did a trade in at Half Price Books and I came away with brand new copies of Cress and Hollow City. Plus they had a copy of Sapphire Blue so I’m one book closer to completing that set. See my review.
- Watching: The West Wing Season 2, Supernatural Season 2, Grimm Season 3, The Big Bang Theory Season 7, The Game of Thrones Season 3
What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?