This weekend’s posts are brought to you courtesy of ICON 40. I will be a panelist or moderator on several panels throughout the weekend. A couple of those panels are related to blogging or fandoms and I wanted to create a quick reference post for others to use after the event.
ICON, a Mindbridge Foundation Project, is Iowa’s longest-running, fan organized science fiction and fantasy convention. Each convention features authors, artists, panels and workshops, parties, an art show, dealers room and more!
ICON 40 is being hosted at the DoubleTree Hotel and Convention Center in downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This year’s guest of honor include David Gerrold, Sarah Clemens, Ann Leckie, Kalli McCandless and Jim C. Hines.
All Things Outlander | My Fandoms
Panelists: Amanda Alexander, Tara Tolly, Terri M.
Panel Description: If you dream about being whisked away to Scotland circa 1743, you should join your fellow Sassenachs for this discussion about all things Outlander.
The Times I’ve Posted about Outlander on Second Run Reviews
Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon—Outlander is a book that is near and dear to my heart. It is responsible for kicking off my adult reading life thanks to a suggestion from a co-worker back in 2001 or 2002. It’s the book that made me discover historical fiction books with a twist of science fiction. Jamie Fraser is my first (and only) book boyfriend. Outlander is the first eBook…
- #ShelfLove Challenge Update: My Life in 8 Shelves—pictures of my Outlander collection
- In the Spotlight: Tara Tolly, author of First Sun—I meet a fellow Sassenach in the wild.
- A Note from the Director: The fight for gender equality—I reflected on the lack of internet response to Jamie’s torture in the final episodes of the Outlander television show.
- #ShelfLove Challenge Update: My Best Sales Pitch—A post where I beg for a copy of the latest edition of The Outlandish Companion
- Book Review: Written in My Heart’s Own Blood by Diana Gabaldon—I’m pretty sure I’m going to get get a lot of guff from my friends regarding my thoughts on Written in My Heart’s Own Blood.
- A Note from the Director: Falling Out of Love With My Book Boyfriend—I lament the bloat nature of Outlander #8.
- On the Third Day of Christmas, I Traveled Through Time—I share my love for Outlander and other time travel novels.
- Book Review: A Plague of Zombies by Diana Gabaldon—John Grey is no Jamie Fraser.
- Valentine’s Mini Challenge #01: Your Book Boyfriend List—My heart belongs to one James Fraser.
My Fellow Sassenach Bloggers
Julie, Rose and Lynn over at ChapterBreak.net. They do excellent book club discussion posts for the Outlander novels. I’m especially fond of their renaming of Laoghaire to Leghair.
Dragonfly In Amber (Outlander #2) Discussion Guide
Voyager (Outlander #3) Discussion Guide
Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) Discussion Guide
The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) Discussion Guide
A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander #6) Discussion Guide
- Berls over at Fantasy is More Fun did amazing recaps of the Outlander television series during Season 1. I hope she continues when season 2 debuts in the spring.
- The Reading Wench is a participant in the #ShelfLove Challenge. She has some great posts about Gabaldon’s books.