I can BARELY contain my excitement right now. I’ve been waiting for COYER Winter Edition since we finished up the summer challenge. I did so well in the last two rounds of COYER (13 books read last winter and 26 read (or attempted) over the summer), I couldn’t wait to join the winter challenge!
From the #COYER Winter Switch Rules
Let’s start with the basic rules and then we’ll get to the complicated.
- The challenge begins December 16th at 12am EST and ends March 9th at 11:59pm EST.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and January 20th on your blog, Goodreads, Facebook, Google+, etc. Be sure to indicate if you’re doing regular COYER or The Switch. Link your sign-up to the linky below.
- You can choose to do regular COYER – which is the same as The Strict – or COYER Switch.
- Link your reviews to the linky that will be provided on the Kick-off Post.
- There will be three grand prize winners – $10 gift card – one for the linky review list, and two for Switch participants.
Of course that’s not it…way too simple for us! Now to show your three options #COYER Switch!
My COYER Reading Plan
I’m going to do the #COYER Switch. So I will be doing all three parts (The Strict, The List and the One with the Twist) over the course of the Challenge. I hope I’m up the the Challenge!
From the COYER Rules…COYER Switch has 3 components: The Strict, The List, and The One with the Twist. If you participate in COYER Switch, you’ll do each component at different times. There will be three phases:
- December 16 – January 12: Going to tackle The Strict. I have some eARCs I want to tackle and some quick electronic reads and those seem to work best early for me.
- January 13 – February 9: Going to tackle The List. This will give me the flexibility to go between physical books and electronic books.
- February 10 – March 9: Going to tackle The Twist, but I’m going to see where I’m at with tackling my list before I decide on the format.
My Winter Reading List
My Electronic Book Winter Reading List
- Aerenden: The Reaper Rises (Ærenden Book 4) by Kristen Taber
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May (My sister has raved about this one!)
- The Healer’s Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
- A is for Apocalypse edited by Rhonda Parrish/
- The Dead Shall Live by Patricia Burroughs
- Lost in NYC by Jade Eby
- Valley of the Kings by Terrance Coffey
- The Magician’s Lie by Greer Macallister
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- Rumpel, a Cursed Tales Novel by Eileen Cruz Coleman
- The God’s Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- The Last Bookstore in America by Amy Stewart
- Becoming Moon by Craig A. Hart
- Henry, the Gaoler by A.W. Exley
- Chasing the Star Garden by Melanie Karsak
My Physical Book Winter Reading List
- plan to add The Lost Tribes: Safe Harbor by C. Taylor-Butler
Books I Read (or Attempted to Read) from My Winter Reading List
Yes, “attempted to read” because that counts. I at least try and, of course, fail horribly to connect with some books and finish them. So watch this space for ongoing updates once the challenge starts.
Books Added to My Winter Reading List
From the COYER Challenge Rules: For every 5 books you read, you can add 5 more to the list. So watch this space for updates on books I add to my list as I get five completed.